How to add an image
1. From the Control Panel choose "New asset" in the editor of Images & Files
2. You can upload up to 3 different images at one time. At the end you will find the list of fields you can use.
3. Save your image. The name of the image (e.g. i_mypicture) can be then used in templates and documents in form: $i_mypicture
- this will display the picture on your page according to the defined settings.
This is the most common way:
1. Choose a gif/jpg picture of nice size, e.g. 600x300 pixels.
2. Choose type: a. Image with link to original size image
3. Set smaller size in settings - e.g. 200 - this will automatically save your picture resized to 200x100 pixels and (!) store the original picture size (under slightly different filename) as well.
4. Then if you use $i_yournameofthepicture in your documents this happens:
- the smaller size picture will be displayed on your page
- the picture will link to a page with picture in its original size
- as title of the picture you will see its description with the size of original picture in brackets (user will know what time to expect when clicking on the picture and opening the page with original picture)
|Name||Name your image. The name must begin with image identifier, such as i_. If you delete this part, it will be added automatically. The image identifier is set up once at the beginning in the configuration. Any name will be stripped of most special characters and spaces will be converted to underscore.|
|File||Choose the file from your computer|
|Folder||Physical folder to store the asset/image (defined in CMS configuration)|
a. Image with link to original size image - most commonly used, see desciption above.
|Owner||This person only (plus administrator) can change/update the asset.|
a. if you want your original picture to be resized, put here the new size in pixels, e.g. 200
|Description||Description is in case of images displayed as title for the picture.|